I have about an hour to kill, so let’s take a coffee break with Book Traveling Thursdays.
Danielle and Catia are the two lovely moderators over at the Goodreads group. Should you wish to participate, just follow these easy 1,2,3 block(g) myself steps:
- Pick a book. At the beginning of every month, a list of themes will be posted. All you have to do is choose a book that fits that theme.
- In your blog post, include an explanation of why your chosen book fits the theme.
- Look at covers from multiple editions and multiple countries for the book you chose.
- Be sure to tag your posts with booktravelingthursdays so we can all see each other’s posts. (Link back on the Goodreads Group)
- In your post, include the the following:
- The original cover
- The cover from your country (if there are multiple covers from your country, include them all)
- Your favorite cover
- Your least favorite cover
After finishing Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon over the weekend, I am going to pick this book for today. I’ve been to Thailand and Bangkok before, but after reading this and watching the hit musical The King and I, I really want to go back to Thailand.
Anna and the King of Siam was first published in 1944 and the original cover looked like this: