Today’s Cover Characteristics – Benches
Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week they give us these gorgeous themes and then you have to pick 5 (or more – whatever blows your hair back) covers featuring that theme. If you want to participate:
- Pick your covers
- Post it to your blog
- Share your post’s URL in the linky provided by Sugar and Snark
- Go and check out the other guys who also posted! (This might influence your current TBR list a great deal.)
My favourite cover for today is again going to be the first book that popped into my head when I saw the theme. (But now I really need to pop a chocolate in my mouth)
Forest Gump by Winston Groom “Life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you gonna get”
The rest were a bit tricky….. I couldn’t find any other book on my cyber or wooden book shelves featuring a bench. So I had to go on a bench-hunt. I haven’t read any of the following, although I might look into a few.
- Memories of a marriage by Louis Begley This cover makes me feel sad. The lady looks heartbroken and foresaken.
- Liar’s Bench by Kim Michelle Richardson
- Maigret and the man on the bench by Georges Simenon This looks like a rather nice mystery/detective novel.
- Lassie by Eric Knight Agree with me here – Timmy and Lassie are leaning over the back of a bench…. Yes! Thought so too.
- The Universe versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence I’ll get by with a little help from my friends….! A very good friend just (really, just 5 min ago!!) brought me this book to read. And it has a bench on!
I really do hope that you were a better bench-hunter than me. Please share your findings!