Greetings you all! It’s Tuesday and that means that it should actually be time for Top Ten Tuesday, one of our favorite weekly features. But today’s theme is Animals from Books and are there any other animals from books as important as cats? I think not. And we’ve done and will still continue to do enough of those to last you a last time.
Let’s rather tickle my curiosity a bit today and see if I need to give up one of my 9 lives. For those of you who are using the Blogger platform, I guess you’ve all received your notice to say that FeedBurner will no longer manage your email subscriptions (or something to that effect) and you need to find another subscription service. I.HAVE.NO.CLUE.WHAT.THAT.EVEN.MEANS. Should we be worried about this? Or even worse:
Has the time come for us to get off this platform and jump onto another? My Mommy wanted to call this post Blogger vs WordPress, but I think that’s jumping the gun a bit. We did play around on the internet to see if it will be a better option to switch platforms, but it just seems complicated. I might be terribly wrong here, you are very welcome to correct me.
Won’t it perhaps just be a bit easier to just stay on Blogger and learn to optimize it as best as we can? Or is this rather a case of idiocrasy than curiosity? Yes, yes – my Mommy is a complete idiot when it comes to computers and techno lingo, but she did manage to get the blog up and running the way it’s now and it’s not all that bad. Is it? We are open to improvements, but might need some help! If you can help with any of the below curiosities, please be so kind to leave a comment.
- I do use the e-mail contact form and would like to continue using it. Any ideas on how?
- What on earth is a RSS feed? And how do we activate it?
- Subscription Links? How do you access and activate it? And do you still need the email subscription then?
- And a CSS feed? I take it it’s not part of the CSI team. Or is it? We don’t have any interest in becoming involved with criminal activities. Especially not murder.
- What is attribution data? Do you need to activate it?
- Own domain: Except for having the lovely option of having your own name, is it of any other value to your blog?
- We love our current template, I mean it’s all about me, so who wouldn’t. But I see there are some lovely, gorgeous new templates available with the cutest share and follow buttons. Okay, that’s not really a question. That’s plain curiosity that is bound to kill this cat.
We apologize in advance for sounding like the dumbest blondes on the blogosphere, but I have a definite fifth sense that some of you will be able to help us.
What are you curious about on this lovely Tuesday? Are you happy with the current platform that you use or do you also think you can optimize it a bit more?
Lots of Love,