Meet me on Friday @ Friday 56 for a bit of Book Blogger Hop to kick-start the weekend with Book Beginnings.
- Grab a book (Yes, any book. But it might get you to your other Friday activities a bit quicker if you just grab the book you are currently reading)
- Turn to page 56 or 56% on your e-reader
- Find a sentence or two (your other Friday activities might determine this)
- Post it!
- Remember to post your link on Freda’s Voice and to visit the other guys in the linky.
- And don’t forget to list the title of the book and the author as well.
Not even close (only around 20% currently). Life is interfering with my reading here.
Please take note that page 56 in this doorstop (this book will keep your door in place even through a hurricane) is only 6%.
” Did I want to spend years in the past? No. But I did want to go back. If only to hear how Little Richard sounded when he was still top of the pops. Or get a Trans World Airlines plane without having to take off my shoes, submit to a full-body scan, and go through a metal detector.”
Which “first” sentences would you prefer? You can chose between:
The artist is the creator of beautiful things. Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope.
The studio was filled with the rich odor of roses and when the light summer wind stirred amid the trees of the garden, there came through the open door the heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pink-flowering thorn.
I’m not there yet….But hope to get to a point where I can hand out a few giveaways. By the way – how do you get there?
Please share your directions or your Blogging GPS co-ordinates with me.
Lovely weekend to you all!