Greetings you guys! It’s Tuesday and time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Yes, it is raining cats and dogs out there. Guess it’s because we actually manage to do a Top Ten Tuesday post twice in a row! Perfect weather to grab a book and just read until the book is done. From start to end. Yes, yes – I know you have to read all books from start to end, but today we are talking about those one sitting (or lying) reads that you just couldn’t put down.
My Mommy is really good with one sitting (or lying) reads. Her week days are normally cramped with school and stuff, so on weekends she will just read as much as possible. As you know by now, we don’t like wrecking our little brains to come up with titles for TTT, we just pick the first 10 that pops in her head.
1. Miss Benson’s Beetle by Rachel Joyce – A rainy day. A holiday. A perfect book.
2. Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clark – The world woke up on the 31st of January 2020 with the news that the Queen Suspense has died. This was the perfect book to say goodbye on that sad day.
3. Later by Stephen King – We’ll read most of his books in one sitting (or lying) if they weren’t such doorstops.
7. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer – I have absolutely nothing to do with that. That was way before my time. Long weekend away to Mozambique. 5 days. Three books. I don’t think my Mommy would have read it in different circumstances.
8. Where’d you Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple – a flowerpot that needed a new mosaic design and tiles. An Audible credit. Perfect day.
9. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides – A rainy and cold Sunday. Daddy slept all day. Mommy read all day.
10. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie – Our very first Agatha Christie. And no, it wasn’t the only Agatha Christie that was a one sitting (or lying) read.
What books did you finish in one sitting?
Lots of Love,