Greetings Humans! It’s Tuesday and that means it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Today’s topic is an easy pick – Ten Favorite Places to Read. Or at least I thought it was an easy pick, but my Mommy says she thinks we interpret it slightly differently. So we’ve decided to split it up into two sections. Section A will be my 5 favorite reading spots and Section B will be my Mommy’s 5 favorite places to read.
Section A – Elza’s favorite reading spots
1. The couch – This is where about 70% of our reading is done. We love that couch!
2. In Bed – I’ll say around 15%. Unless we wake up and it’s cold and raining. Then we can stay there for the whole day. But at night we tend to fall asleep…
3. The dining room table – For audiobooks mainly! My Mommy loves coloring or doing Diamond Painting, or just plain painting while listening to audiobooks.
4. Grandmamma’s old Banana Rocker. My Mommy grew up on that chair and she’s read at least a 100 books over the years on it. No wonder she inherited it.
5. A Sunny Spot – We live in Sunny South Africa and love the sun. Yes, we are sun-wise and even though I HATE it when my Mommy lathers me with sunblock, I know it’s for my own best.
Section B – Mommy’s favorite places to read
6. Mozambique – Before my Mommy and Daddy moved to the Eastern Cape, they lived approximately 70km’s from the Mozambique/South African border. They took some great trips there and there isn’t much to do accept for lying in the sun and reading all day.
7. Mauritius – Yes. She is a spoiled little brat. That’s my Mommy, not me. Daddy has taken her to Mauritius a couple of times and the time spend not exploring the island, is of course spend reading.
8. Uvongo KZN, South Africa – As long as my Mommy can remember, her summer holidays were spend at Uvongo. Her Granny used to live there and that Banana Rocker that I love so much, was also in Uvongo. Definitely a favorite place to read.
9. Plettenberg Bay and surrounding areas (Keurboomstrand, The Crags) South Africa – Mommy and Daddy love to take mini breaks and it’s only an hour or two’s drive away. Yes, the normally chose the secluded areas, because then my Mommy can read uninterrupted. And Daddy can sleep.
10. Jeffreys Bay, South Africa – Yes! This is home. But before it was home, it was a favorite holiday spot and my Mommy loved the hours of sun, sea, sand and story-books! But I guess now it really is our favorite reading spot and our favorite place to read in the whole wide world.
My Mommy sure is the beachy type, don’t you think? I wonder if she even noticed it.
What are your favorite spots to read in? And your favorite places to read?
Hope you will have a wonderful Tuesday!
Lots of Love,