Greetings you guys! It’s time for another Classics Club spin! I don’t participate with every spin and tend to just hop on when I just happen to spot one. And of course we love taking part. How else will we ever get through our Classics Club Reading list?!
It’s easy. At your blog, before next Sunday 18th June, 2023 create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List.
You have to read one of these twenty books by the end of the spin period.
Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you have been putting off, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favourite author, re-reads, ancients, non-fiction, books in translation — whatever you choose.)
On Sunday 18th, June we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by the 6th August, 2023.
I’ve said it before and I will probably still have to say it numerous times – my Mommy is not good with lists. In fact, she is downright pathetic if you ask my honest opinion. Cats are also not very good with obeying rules and will therefore probably also not stick to a list like it’s the Ten Commandments. Therefore, our list of 20 books might slightly deviate from our original list. Not a lot, we’ve just added a few extra ones to spice it up a bit!
Mommy and Daddy are planning a trip to Turkey in October, so she is trying very hard to compile a reading list of Turkish Literature or books set in Turkey. Hence the few extra ones on our list. If the spin falls on any of them, YEA! If not – also yea… Then we will simply be able to scratch another line through our original list!
Here’s our list of 20 books for spin #34:
- Perfume, the story of a Murder by Patrick Suskind
- The Time Regulation Institute by Ahmed Hamdi Tapinar
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
- The Towers of Trebizond by Rose Macaulay
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- Green Mantle by John Buchan
- The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain
- The Spy who came in from the Cold by John Le Carre
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- A Tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Sloot
I actually don’t mind where it will land today. I think we will gladly read anyone of these! Are you taking part in The Classics Club Spin?
Enjoy your Sunday!
Lots of Love,