Hi there! I hope you guys are all doing well? Just from my greeting tone, I guess you notice it’s not Elza chatting up a storm with you today. Nope, good old boring Mommy Mareli here. No idea what’s up with the little shat the last couple of days, but she’s been as moody as only a spoiled rotten cat can be. My husband scolded her earlier this week for scratching the furniture and she threw her tail in the wind and refuses to sleep on the bed at night, she just curls herself in a pathetic bundle on the couch (yes I do tuck her in with her favorite blanky). Except for feeding time, we hardly see her at all.
I do wonder when it will be a good time to let her now that she will have to stay with the babysitter as from Friday again. Although, she might welcome it this time and perhaps she would have forgiven us for our numerous trespasses when we return from our holiday. We are going to Mauritius!!! Whoo hoo!!! Rather on a whim here, my in-laws are there for three weeks and asked us to join them for the last week. It’s not as if the home renovations will be done within the next couple of weeks, we might as well take a small break.
Not sure how strong the internet will be, so if we go off-line next weekend and we’re unavailable for the following week, I am not abducted and Elza did not go and hand herself over to the nearest SPCA. We will be back.
Let’s talk books!
Adding to the litter
Even though my cat doesn’t appear to want to talk to me at all, at least the folks at Netgalley were rather generous this past week. We’ve received three new books and I am very excited for all of these. I don’t spend a lot of time on BookBub or Amazon Daily Deals lately, but The Great Catsby is one of those titles I just couldn’t resist.
Tomorrow night we have Book Club and I will have to think very carefully on what I bring home. My husband refuses to pack any books on holiday, that’s why I have my Kindle. So I’ll have to see if I can perhaps get one or two of the Book Club books on my Kindle too. Will give an update during the week.
Scratching the Blog Pole
Another week that just flew by! It started with good intend, but then it just went woosh. If you’ve missed any of our posts and would like to catch up, here’s the links:
- Blog Tour: Dissatisfied by Ksenija Nikolova
- Book Review: Drawn by the Current by Jocelyn Green – This was our first Jocelyn Green, but it won’t be our last. Loved this book and still can’t get over the fact that I’ve never heard of the SS Eastland disaster until I’ve read this one.
- Top Ten Tuesday: One Meow Reviews – this was so much fun! I’ll do my Wondrous Words Wednesday this week on the word “Koeksister”. Had so many questions about that.
- Book Review and Blog Stop: What They Don’t Know by Susan Forlong – This was quite the intriguing psychological thriller. I did figure it out very quickly, but that might be part of the appeal.
- Lesersindruk: Seeponies deur Lize Roux – This is an Afrikaans post. You are welcome to use the translate button if you want to read it. It’s a review from one of our VCS students and she is such a sweet girl who loves her horsey books.
We never got to Six Degrees of Separation yesterday and I don’t think there will be much time to catch up this week. So we are missing another month… Will read a few of yours during the week though!
On the Couch
I know that a few of you also received copies of The Woman in the Library. Have you started reading it yet? Gosh I love it! Really a good book. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper is such a charming book. Will highly recommend it.
And that’s it from me for tonight. Let me see if I can find Elza and get her to come snuggle on the couch while we try to finish Arthur Pepper before Book Club tomorrow night.
Have a wonderful week and hopefully Elza will chat again tomorrow or so!