Greetings you guys! It’s Tuesday and time for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Jana @ That Arsty Reader Girl. Today’s prompt is Books with (whatever) on the cover. Now this can be anything, as long as it’s the same thing on all your covers. That sounds easy enough! Seeing that my Mommy gave me free reign over today’s TTT, I first need to get something off my chest.
You know what really bugs me? I constantly bring my Mommy the nicest, cutest bugs that I catch just for her. And you know what she does? She squeals, or so throws them out. She never, ever keeps them. How can she do that? She loves books that has the little buggers on the covers, so why doesn’t she want them as presents from me too?
Here are 10 of my Mommy’s favorite books with bugs on the covers:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle – Okay, I’ve never brought her a caterpillar. We have loads of centipedes here with us. Do they count?
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White – Spiders find their own way in. I don’t have to help them at all. We don’t tend to bother each other much.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding – We didn’t like this book and we don’t like flies either.
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd – We’ve got a lovely garden and the bees think so too. I know to leave them alone, the dogs don’t. Stupid dogs.
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka – Now those are the kind of bugs I like to catch.
- The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris – Moths! My favorite. Next to butterflies that is.
- The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchinson – Told you they are my favorite.
- Miss Benson’s Beetle by Rachelle Joyce – I love little bugs. But if ever I spot one of these golden ones, I promise I will leave them be. Or try my best. Gold. Shining. Moving. You get my drift.
- Along Came a Spider by James Patterson – we’ve covered this relationship.
- The Lost Apothecary by by Sarah Penner – Bugs, bugs, bugs – crawling things to make kittens happy.
How do you feel about bugs?
Remember to add your link to Jana’s blog and please share your whatever covers with us. Have a wonderful Tuesday!