It’s my Mommy’s first working day of the week and we had a wonderful long weekend. It almost feels strange to think it’s a Wednesday, but then again – Wednesdays are Wondrous Words. So yea! This meme was first created by Kathy over at Bermuda Onion Blog and is now proudly hosted by yours truly.
Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered, or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative!
No rules apply here, just share any or all the lovely or new words you’ve encountered over the last fortnight.
Tips and ideas:
- Don’t go pull the Dictionary down from the shelf. Use words you came across in a book, a TV show, Google, a pamphlet, social media, doctor’s room, classroom – the possibilities are endless
- If you want to share a story around your chosen word, you are welcome
- If you want to link your chosen word up with a book or books, please do so
- You are welcome to share photos or pictures that will describe your word just a bit better (who doesn’t love Pictionary)
- Let’s stick to words that are recognized in the English Dictionary. You are welcome to use translations of your chosen word or a brief history if it derives from a different language, but your readers need to be able to find it in the English Dictionary
- Please add your link to Mr Linky and pay a visit to the other word wizards
You are welcome to use my graphic or design your own!
Today’s word is not a new word to us, but we honesty didn’t know its original meaning: