Wondrous Words Wednesday was first created by Kathy over at Bermuda Onion Blog and is now proudly hosted by yours truly.
Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered, or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative!
No rules apply here, just share any or all the lovely or new words you’ve encountered over the last fortnight.
Tips and ideas:
- Don’t go pull the Dictionary down from the shelf. Use words you came across in a book, a TV show, Google, a pamphlet, social media, doctor’s room, classroom – the possibilities are endless
- If you want to share a story around your chosen word, you are welcome
- If you want to link your chosen word up with a book or books, please do so
- You are welcome to share photos or pictures that will describe your word just a bit better (who doesn’t love Pictionary)
- Let’s stick to words that are recognized in the English Dictionary. You are welcome to use translations of your chosen word or a brief history if it derives from a different language, but your readers need to be able to find it in the English Dictionary
- Please add your link to Mr Linky and pay a visit to the other word wizards
You are welcome to use our graphic or design your own!
Today’s word is a brand new word to us, but I guess some of your might know it:
Adjective: Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; without vigor; listless; lethargic
I don’t know anybody who will fit that description. I know of people if you read the news highlights and some social media posts. Oh and kids. My Mommy says she sees the following at school quite often:
What Wondrous Words did you came across this week? Any worth mentioning? Oh come on, don’t be so lackadaisical. Go grab a book and find a word you don’t know!
Lackadaisical is such a great word and the Elza pictures are just as good!
Thanks Katherine! Didn't have a lot of time to write a post, so photos will have to do..!
I don't think there's anything wrong with being lackadaisical every now and then. You sure are a darling kitty, Elza! You can join our blooper blog hop through next week 🙂
Hi there Melissa! Aah yea!
We are definitely going to join your blooper blog hop next week. Seems like a lot of fun!
Oh, goodness. Must have been quite a scare, hope things are in better control. Thanks for sharing a beautiful word for an otherwise not a very fun feeling. Take care!
Hi Lex, it's been a crazy week. Closest we've come to Covid. I know how very fortunate we are…
Thanks for stopping by for WWW!
It's a beautiful word, isn't it? And I'm sorry things are rough there for you, Mareli.
Lackadaisical is a person with little energy, with little caring, so it's not an aspiration for me. I can see why you would like your mommy, Elza, to rest and relax and slow down, especially now, when a fellow teacher has tested positive. But we don't want her to lose her drive, her heart for her work, her life!
Hi Auntie Debbie! Aaah she will never lose her spark or her love for her work. Lackadaisical is deffinetly also not something that she aspires to. There is always another day's work and things that need to be done. The laziest you will get her, is dropping everything and just go and read her book.
Such a fancy word for something that is not good at all. I don't think it's fair at all!
Lots of love,