Wondrous Words Wednesday was first created by Kathy over at Bermuda Onion Blog and is now proudly hosted by yours truly.
Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered, or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative!
No rules apply here, just share any or all the lovely or new words you’ve encountered over the last fortnight.
Tips and ideas:
- Don’t go pull the Dictionary down from the shelf. Use words you came across in a book, a TV show, Google, a pamphlet, social media, doctor’s room, classroom – the possibilities are endless
- If you want to share a story around your chosen word, you are welcome
- If you want to link your chosen word up with a book or books, please do so
- You are welcome to share photos or pictures that will describe your word just a bit better (who doesn’t love Pictionary)
- Let’s stick to words that are recognized in the English Dictionary. You are welcome to use translations of your chosen word or a brief history if it derives from a different language, but your readers need to be able to find it in the English Dictionary
- Please add your link to Mr Linky and pay a visit to the other word wizards
You are welcome to use our graphic or design your own!
Today’s word is a brand new word to us, but I guess some of your might know it:
Adjective: Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; without vigor; listless; lethargic
I don’t know anybody who will fit that description. I know of people if you read the news highlights and some social media posts. Oh and kids. My Mommy says she sees the following at school quite often:
What Wondrous Words did you came across this week? Any worth mentioning? Oh come on, don’t be so lackadaisical. Go grab a book and find a word you don’t know!