Greetings! How are all you lovers all things Classic doing today? It’s time for another Classics Club spin. We loved taking part in this for the previous round and also loved our book! Classics Club Spin #25 – Around the world in Eighty Days. Of course we are going to take part in this. Heck, we need to. It appears as if it will be the only time my Mommy actually reads her list on the The Classics Club Challenge. I think it’s more of an adventure than an actual challenge and as it goes with many adventures – it’s all about the journey and not the destination.
Luckily we always have the lovely creators of The Classics Club to keep us on our toes with the
So how do you go about joining in the fun? It’s easy. At your blog, before this Sunday, 18 April 2021, create a post that lists twenty books of your choice that remain “to be read” on your Classics Club list.
This is your Spin List.
On Sunday 22nd November, they’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by 31 May 2021.
We can so do that! Here’s our list:
1. Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
2. Flowers for Algernon – Daniel Keyes
3. Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
4. The Princess Bride – William Goldman
5. A tree grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith
6. The Westing Game – Ella Raskin
7. The Lord of the Rings – J.R. Tolkien
8. Watership Down – Richard Adams
9. Charlotte’s Web – E.W. White
10. Tuck Everlasting – Natalie Babbitt
11. Bridge to Terabithia – Katherine Paterson
12. All Creatures great and small – James Herriot
13. The BFG – Roald Dahl
14. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
15. A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
16. Perfume: The story of a murderer – Patrick Suskind
17. The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax – Dorothy Gilman
18. The Secret life of Bees – Sue Monk Kidd
19. The Secret History – Donna Tartt
20. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks – Rebecca Skloot
One or two of these are a bit of a gamble and I’m not sure how we will feel if the dice falls on them. But I am not going to tell you which ones! If it does land on one of them, I will show my hand.
Good luck to all of you and may the odds be ever in your favor!
Lots of Love,