Greetings you guys! It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Jana @ That Arsty Reader Girl. I’ve tried to come up with a clever twist or play with today’s prompt, but alas. It will have to be as literal as it comes. Books I liked so much, I had to buy a copy for my personal library. The only creativity I could come up with, was the title. Just to put you all at rest, I didn’t steal a single one of my books on my list today. We did rightfully purchase them all. Some for a pretty penny and some for a steal.
No clever CANVA graphics today, I’ll just use some photos. They aren’t very good. My Mommy and me took a few sneak ones now. The puppy is sleeping and that saying of let sleeping dogs lie is ever so true if you have a fox terrier puppy in the house.
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles – My Mommy listened to this one on audible and just had to have a copy. It’s now a very popular choice in our Book Club as well.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune – Another audible choice and I am so glad we listened to it as an audio recording. But w just had to have a copy on the shelf as well.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue – Gosh we loved this book so much, my Mommy ordered a copy in especially for her form our local Book Shop. It cost a pretty penny. But we have it on the shelf and that’s all that matters.
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – Loved the book and the adaptation, so when my Mommy got it for a steal at a market sale, she just had to buy it.
- Recipes for Love and Murder by Sally Andrew – This one was in my Mommy’s previous Book Club and when the second, third and fourth instalment in the Tannie Maria Mysteries series came out, we just had to buy it. All with matching covers of course.
- Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir – The best audio book ever. My Mommy bought the physical book for a pretty penny as well and I can promise you, we will read it again.
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris – My Mommy read this one many years ago as a borrowed copy from a friend. The same market she got Water for Elephants from, also provided this copy.
- The 100 year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson – One of those books you just have to own so you can borrow it to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Read it on Kindle the first time.
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce – Another Book Club pick that wasn’t my Mommy’s book to begin with. Now we just need to still find a copy of The Love Songs of Miss Queenie Hennessy.
- The Bridgerton Series – The Duke and I was recommended to us a couple of years ago and my Mommy first read it on Kindle. When the Netflix series came out, we devoured a couple more of the books and then my Mommy spent all her birthday money last year to buy the whole series. Who wouldn’t?
What books landed on your bookshelf only after you’ve read it?
Have a wonderful Tuesday!