Greetings Humans! Yes, yes – I know it’s Saturday already and we are a bit late for a Friday post. But yesterday was dreadfully cold and rainy, so when my Mommy came home from school, we just snuggled up with a book. Until she had to be back at school. They had a fun-run this morning and she had to be at school at before the crack of dawn.
We are still going to link up with Friday Fives and Book Blogger Hop and then we want to join a new weekly meme today. Because cats. No other reason is necessary.
For our firs link today, we link up with Connect Five hosted by the BookDate. Connect Five is really very easy – just pick 5 books that are connected in some or other way. Theme, cover, genre, author – you name it.
As you know, my Mommy is a teacher/librarian and this week Mommy decided to show you the five series’ that are the most popular at school:
1. Basically any of the series or by Enid Blyton. Famous Five, Secret Seven, Amelia Jane. All of them are still very popular. The same with Roald Dahl. Not a series no, but still very popular.
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. My Mommy says she’s way to old to understand the fascination. But she has three complete sets in the library and it is always out. Same with Dork Diaries.
3. Percy Jackson – The kids love this series just as much as The Heroes of Olympus. She says she does understand the obsession with that a bit more.
4. Bear Grylls. With the boys and the girls. But it really is a fun series and the kids read it up to Gr 7.
5. Middle School. Of course it will make the list of any school library. The writing is good and the kids enjoy it tremendously.
Next up we will link with The Book Blogger Hop. The Book Blogger’s hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. Every week, there will be a prompt featuring a book related question. It’s hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer and I guess he hops around like a bunny due to all the caffeine. Hence his name.
Today’s question: Do you keep a budget for books?
Last week Sunday, on our Sunday Post
, I told you about the Book Club that my Mommy belongs to. Although she gets a fair amount of money to spend on books once a year with the Book Club, she still buys books all through the year. Not on a budget. No. Just randomly. And then we get no-name brand food for a week. This graphic fits her very well:
We’ve been eyeing this meme for a couple of weeks now. We first saw it on Yvonne’s blog over at Socrates Book Reviews and after playing amateur sleuth for a bit, we now know that it’s hosted by 15 and Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs. They come up with a couple of sentences, and the you have to fill in the blanks. This week’s questions:
1. Lately, I’ve been __________________________.
2. I find ___________________ fascinating.
3. If I had known _________, I would have _________.
4. I can’t help but _________ when I’m nervous.
Our answers might differ from week to week, depending on who feels like answering the question!
1. Lately, I’ve been a bit overwhelmed by work. My Mommy is a teacher and it’s middle of the second term here in SA. Enough said. All fellow teachers will understand and start sending books and chocolates.
2. I find human behavior fascinating. That question is answered by both me and my Mommy. Same answer.
3. If I had known Ballet is sooo much fun, such good exercise and the best workout ever, I would have started dancing years ago. My Mommy is 42. Don’t ask too many questions. She’s been at the physio a couple of times already since starting with Adult Ballet classes.
4. I can’t help but hide in the highest tree or on the roof when I’m nervous. And then I work on Daddy’s nerves when he needs to get me down. We are a well balanced family.
And that’s all from us today! My Mommy has a Ballet class now and when she comes back, we are snuggling with a good book again.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
Lots of Love,